Yes, you can present this as counting for CPE credits. Programs qualify if they meet the following standards:
- Formal – Formal means attendance is recorded and outlines are prepared in advance.
- At least 50 minutes in length.
- Contributing to the professional knowledge and competence in the practice of the profession.
- Provided a certificate of completion.
In WAC 4-30-132(5), there are details on what qualifies as a CPE program. As long as the course meets those guidelines and a CPA could justify taking it for credit, it would count as a CPE course.
We would fall under Technical subjects such as:
- Mathematics, statistics, and quantitative applications in business
- Business management and organization
- General computer skills, computer software training, information technology planning and management
Here is a blog written by one of our past fellows who works for the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). https://blog.datasciencedojo.com/sustainability-data-finding-alpha/
I need CEUs (Continuing Education Units). Does this count?
Yes! We have had several accountants take our bootcamp for this purpose.
Specifically, the Data Science Certificate that is jointly offered with the University of New Mexico awards 7 continuing education credits.
Will I get a certificate after completion?
Yes! Once you have completed our training, you will be issued a certificate that you can print or add to your LinkedIn profile for others to see.
Note: the certificate does not represent official academic credit.